How to contribute a new container.
1) Open an issue to get access to the interactive container build system
- describe which container you would like to add
- wait for a reply on your issue that your account has been setup
2) Access the container build system
- authenticate with your github account
- select a CPU session or a GPU session (if your container requires a GPU)
- open a Neurodesktop session
3) Run the interactive build process
- open a Terminal session
cd ~ git clone https://github.com/NeuroDesk/neurocontainers.git cd neurocontainers/interactive_builder/ git pull ./run_interactive_builder.sh
- Follow the instructions of the interactive build tool. After a couple of seconds where the base image gets updated you should see a “root@neurodesk-builder:~$>” shell. Now run the commands to get your tool to work.
- Once the tool works, hit CTRL-D or type “exit”
- Then answer more questions in the build tool
The builder container mounts the /home/jovyan/Desktop directory of the host system /root/Desktop. This allows you to interact with files from the host system in the builder container and vice versa.
4) Submit the generated build.sh and Readme.md file as attachments to your issue
- once completed, download the build.sh and README.md file and submit them as attachments to your github issue
Last modified September 25, 2023: update to new version 2023-09-20 (088e1f8)